41 West Main Street
Mohawk, New York 13407
Internet Use Policy
The Weller Library provides public access to the Internet in accordance with its policy to meet the educational and recreational needs of the community by providing equal access to the material and resources available in its collection. This access allows users to connect to many resources outside the Library. The Library has no control over these resources therefore cannot be held responsible for its content. Some content may be offensive to some users. Users access the Internet at their own discretion according to these guidelines.
As is the case with other materials in the Library’s collections, restriction of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
- A library card is required to use the computers
- Reasonable quiet must be maintained while using the computer
- Sign-in is required
- One 30 minute session per day per person. Extensions granted at the discretion of the library staff
- Failure to abide by this policy will result in the loss of computer privileges
Prohibited activities: including but not limited to:
- Chat rooms
- Instant messaging
- Internet Video games
- Damage to computer equipment or software
- Violation of copyright laws or software licensing agreements
- Illegal commerce
- Inappropriate and/or loud behavior
- No eating or drinking in the library
The library staff is available to assist users with the Internet as time allows but cannot provide individualized attention.
Individuals under the age of 16 will require parental or guardian approval before Library computers can be used. Children under age twelve (12) wishing to use the computer MUST be supervised at all times by a parent, legal guardian or other suitably aged individual willing to supervise and assume responsibility for the child. Parents or Guardians are required to read and understand the above policy, sign, and return the agreement on the accompanying page.